“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Apr 25, 2014

Remember Today

Who else loves this scene from the extended version of The Two Towers?


After lots of fighting and death, the men have driven the enemy out of Osgiliath, and have won a great victory. Standing there surrounded by cheering soldiers in the middle of the city that they have given so much for, Boromir turns to Faramir and says, 
"Remember today, little brother. Today...life is good."
At that moment, they are oblivious. Oblivious to all the horrors that are to come. So much hardship lies ahead, so much more death, their family crumbles, the fate of their world hangs by a thread, but Boromir chooses to disregard all of that for one fleeting, blissful moment, and just enjoy that that day, all was right

Last night at our house, life was good.


Around 9:30 last night, this beautiful little girl entered the world. Our last baby for 2014! The mare is Jessie's absolute favorite, and she is just tiny, so I've secretly been dreading this birth for the past 11 months. Because of her size, the risks were high, and I was terrified that we were going to lose her.

But we didn't. And she had a filly for us.

And life is good.

And God is good.


After everything was over....the baby was dry, the mare was asleep, the friends were gone....I walked through the dark barn, and told myself over and over,
"God is good. God is good. Remember tonight, remember this giddy and elated feeling you have...because the hard times are going to come. The questions and the whys and the things that don't make sense....all the struggles and troubles that come with our life in this world, but through it all, I have to remember that God is good."

It's crazy how I am surrounded by so many good and wonderful things, how over and over again God proves Himself faithful and true, and yet when something happens that I don't understand, I immediately question.
"Why, God? Where are you? Do You not care.....are You not listening?"

Stupid, stupid me.

How can I doubt? How can I be so blind? How dare I question Him and have so little faith? And yet I do.

But He graciously, kindly gives me moments like last night when He reminds me....
"Lisa - I'm here. I'm watching and caring about the little things in your life...I love you, and I'll always be working for your good - even when you can't see Me. Just remember this.....I hear everything, and I see everything. Nothing can happen to you without My permission, and nothing will happen to you that I am not using to shape and grow you into something so much better than what you were before."


So today..............every day, life is good. God is good. No matter what happens, no matter what the storms of life bring, I am protected and loved by Someone who knows me so well, and who wants nothing but the best for me.

And I can rest completely satisfied in that because He is faithful and true to complete what He has started.




4 comments:

  1. Your right. :) I don't get giddy from a horse being born, but I know about those those giddy times where everything is right, and everything that is wrong is forgotten. A good day of fishing will usually do that to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fine line between being able to enjoy and learn from the good moments we're given.....and live only for them and forget the bad. I don't think forgetting the bad stuff is healthy...but neither is dwelling in it.

      Delete
  2. I love those moments. They're are so intrinsically precious. This reminds me of a quote I love from a movie called While You Were Sleeping where the old father goes, "Life is a pain. You work hard, try to provide for your family, and then - for one minute - everything's good. Everyone's well, everyone's happy, and in that one minute, you have peace." And I think those moments are Godwinks, glimpses of the heaven we're going to, and reminders that He is good, all the time. We just don't always see it.

    Thanks so much for this post, Lisa. It was such a good reminder. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Godwinks! I. Love. It. Glimpses of heaven....surges of hope....the things that help us keep going....little reminders. We're so blessed!!

      Delete