“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Nov 19, 2013

Saying Goodbye Hurts


The hardest thing about loving an animal? The inexplicable goodbyes......the unanswered questions....the losses.....

"Dog's lives are too short....their only fault, really."
~Unknown


She brought us so much joy in her short life, and I'll never forget her. 
Why God chose to take her? 
I don't know.
Did He have a reason?
Yes....that I'm sure of.


“Remember me and smile, for it's better to forget than to remember me and cry.” 
― Dr. Seuss


"When you're going through something hard and wonder where God is, remember the teacher is always silent during a test."
~Unknown


"God's plan for your life far exceeds the circumstances of your day."
~Louie Giglio


She was just a puppy....not nearly as  big as other people's losses and problems. But she was very special to us....to me....and I'll miss her.


But God is good.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so sad! The pictures and quotes are getting me choked up. She's so beautiful! I am very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly cried here... beautiful pictures. Saying goodbye to a dog is one of the most heartbreaking things ever. I had to say goodbye to my 14 year old labrador, Chelsea, a few years ago. Probably the hardest time of my life. But yes, 'God is GOOD!!!!!' Even through the trials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He is!!! Thank you for your love and sympathy :) :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I'm so, so sorry. I know exactly how you feel; when I was just a toddler, we got a German Shepherd puppy and named her Sela. Last February, when she was eleven... she died. We didn't put her to sleep; she had heart trouble, we took her to the vet, and they said she'd be fine if we gave her these medications he prescribed.

    As a result, she died, and I wasn't there. The guilt I felt for so long was indescribably. I miss her so much; she was my big sister and best friend for eleven years. She always let me hug her and licked my tears away when no one else seemed to car.

    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing that story.....dogs are really some of the best companions!! Such a blessing! And I'm so sorry about your dog - that is so hard and hurts so bad.

      Thank you for your prayers!! ♥ ♥

      Delete