“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Aug 28, 2013

For the love of a milkshake....

Where I live, it's dry....seriously dry. In fact, it's so dry that the cows give powdered milk.

Well tonight, out here in this parched and barren wilderness, we had a rainstorm. This was no common rainstorm, but the worst in the history of my little home town.

What do the girls and I decide to do? Run to the store and get a milkshake!! (Now, you must remember we live out in the boonies, and it's not like we drive around the corner to the store. No, the store is quite a few miles away.)

On the way to the store, we admired the beautiful storm clouds, and as we came back out of the store, we were thrilled that it had started sprinkling. But as we hit the main road, we were thrilled no longer.

In just a matter of seconds, we were in a full-out flash flood. Completely flooded roads drug our car wherever they pleased, the lines on the roads were utterly gone, fallen trees were everywhere, lightening flashed uncomfortably close, the windshield wipers kept an ominous beat, and I began one of my most terrifying drives ever.

At the measly pace of 10 miles per hour, we crawled home with emergency flashers on. According to Jessie, it was "movie-worthy!"

I personally expected Thor to come down and land on my windshield....just sayin'.

Definitely an adventure......but next time, someone else can drive ;)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my. Glad you made it home safely. Gotta love those monsoons, though :) The mental image of Thor with y'all is making me grin. Do any of you carry a taser?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No...no taser. But I do know CPR! hahaha

      Delete
    2. XD I so want to do a movie night with y'all. I have dozens of films I'd love to pick to pieces. We could start with Star Wars and the Marvel films. That would be good times :)

      Delete
    3. Come visiting!! Movie night sounds awesome.....we could even make you a milkshake! :) :)

      Delete
  2. *laughs out loud* I so love you guys!! It sounds like an adventure we'd go on. Glad you had fun, and especially glad y'all got to your milkshake safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was crazy!! For about two minutes, I was point blank terrified. Rest of the time...sheer fun :)

      Delete
  3. My mortal frame has grow weak - I need sustenance. A milkshake will suffice.
    *shatters milkshake jug on the floor*
    ANOTHER!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess what?!?!? After we got home and finished our milkshakes, we quoted that line!!!! Great minds think alike :) Or minds that have all watched too much Marvel think alike....

      Delete