“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Mar 8, 2013

Pain


My heart is hurting right now.....hurting so bad I don't even know what to do. It seems so wrong to go on living life normally when a huge, huge tragedy has just occurred in the family of one of our close friends. So wrong to do anything but lay on my bed and cry...and want to throw up...and pray....

Everything I know is saying that "God is always good...always working everything for good...this too shall pass, and bring Him glory....He has a plan....."

But everything else inside me right now is screaming "Why???????" Fighting and wailing, "It's not fair....this shouldn't have happened.....how can this be part of the Plan? Why?"

And then I know I shouldn't think that....that it's a lack of faith.....but I'm so confused right now. Completely shocked and heartbroken.

We absolutely covet prayer right now, both for us and for this other family. I don't believe they're saved, and we desperately need wisdom with what to do here - this could result in major changes for us as well.

6 comments:

  1. I know I don't know ya'll too well, but that won't keep me from praying. May the peace of God be with you.

    "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ." 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa...*hugs tightly* *prays* God be with y'all, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so sorry. :( But I prayed, and it's comforting to know that, even if you don't understand why something happened, it'll all come out right in the end. God won't leave you in the midst of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa dear, my heart aches to know that yours is aching. * hugs tightly * My thoughts and prayers are with you. My email is open if you need someone to talk to, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lisa! Big Hugs and a lot of prayers on everyone's behalf. I am afraid that life in a fallen world can throw you some terrible curve balls! We may even strike out trying to deal with them but Your Savior is there waiting to catch you and keep you through this trial. I have learned through trials that pain and peace can abide in the same home. It is not a lack of faith to say something is not fair.....there are things that are definitely not fair but God will use them for good...we just can't always see how in the midst of the storm. Remember the things God has taught you over the last year and rest in them. He has taught you so much about Him. I have no doubt that you will trust Him and that He will give you a comfort and a peace to keep you. I will pray that God will give you all the wisdom you need to do this! Grieve, it is OK.....things hurt....God will wipe your tears.

    Oh how my heart hurts for you. Lots of love, Mrs. G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so, so much for your encouraging words, Scriptures, hugs, and prayers. I love you all so much, and am so grateful that I can just vent on here, and don't feel like I have to put up a false front. You all are a huge blessing.

    It's a little better today...a night of sleep can dull the pain a little...but the days and months ahead are going to be hard. Real hard.

    Thanks again, and love in Him!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete