“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Jan 22, 2013

Wheels Are Spinnin'


Luke 6:30-31
Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

Been thinking on this verse lately....and been convicted by it. Give to everyone who asks, it says. Not when I feel like it, or when it's easy, or when it's a friend instead of a sister, or whether it's a big thing. Just give. Ouch.

Your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. This goes along with a Messy Mondays video and a book I'm reading at the moment, both of which spoke about "just giving stuff away". What we have doesn't belong to us, but we can often be mighty clingy over it. :P I feel to give some things away at times, but then choose not to because... what? I might need it someday? I hope to eventually become someone who can give of what I have recklessly, knowing that God will "provide all my needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! My problem is not so much giving materially as giving of my time. Great verse.

      Delete