“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Jun 27, 2012

My head's in the clouds!!...well...almost....

As awful as the heat and humidity are right now, there is something that I L.O.V.E. about this time of year. It's called "clouds." Arizona is known for its sunsets, so it sounds super cliche, but wow.

This evening, Jessie and I went bike riding while my mom and a friend drove their horses. The sky was a perfect painting of huge dramatic clouds of gold, red, purple, pink, blue, yellow....All I could think about was, "Man, God sure must have fun creating clouds."

I mean, honestly, can you imagine? God must really enjoy it! "Let's see...here's a shade of purple they've never seen before here in Arizona...how  'bout I put that on those  kind of clouds. Ah, and this pink..." How awesome to be the Divine Artist!!!

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. 
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.  
Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. 
In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.  
His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof." 
Psalm 19:1-6

Last night's sunset was so amazing that I ran out with my camera and took some pictures. You know you really love photography when you're down on your knees in the irrigation trying to get the "perfect shot." :) I'll post those pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. I love clouds and sunsets! I reckon God shows His glory in the biggest part of the earth the very best: the sky. :D I can't wait to see the photos you took!

    I know the feeling: some of the places I've found to take the "perfect shot" have been nothing short of hilarious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunsets in Arizona are the most awesome I have ever seen! (We lived out there for around 2 years.) I don't know why they are different, but they are. Once in a great while, we get one back east that is *almost* as colorful.

    ReplyDelete