“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Apr 28, 2012

Some awesome music!

Recently, a friend of mine introduced me to ThePianoGuys and their music. All I can say is that after listening to them for about a month, I am completely and totally hooked. Their music is epic, compelling, very fun and easy to listen to, and almost completely free from any sort of secular beat. I say "almost" because some of their songs can get a little bit of beat in them, but not anything obnoxious.

According to them, "We like to put a new spin on classic stuff and a classic spin on new stuff." If you are a fan of cellos and epic classical music (like soundtracks) these guys are fantastic!

Aside from their music, their music videos are outstanding!! The ideas these guys come up with and they way they carry them out is pure genius. I could watch their videos all day!

Just a few days ago, they posted their newest music video. Oh my.....my favorite one yet!! It's a play on the soundtrack to the Bourne series. *disclaimer* I have never seen the Bourne series and have no idea what they're all about, but if they're music is similar to what's in this music video, then at least their music is pretty awesome *disclaimer over*

Enjoy! "Bourne/Vivaldi (Bourne Soundtrack/Vivaldi Double Cello Concerto)"




This is another one of their videos that I think is really neat. They have so many more neat videos on their youtube channel...check it out at http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePianoGuys?feature=watch




Oh boy...I also couldn't resist posting this one. This is the one that originally hooked me on their music.


5 comments:

  1. Ah, finally saw the Bourne Vivaldi and got hooked as well huh? After I saw that, that was my favorite - period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!! Worlds beyond the others. Dramatic...what I like :)

      Delete
  2. I just saw Bourne Vivaldi and loved it!! :D It sounds just like the music in the movies: epic. 8D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! So you're a fan, too?? I think I'm going to splurge and buy some of their sheet music for piano. I've agonized over it for far too long.... :D

      Delete
  3. Cello wars/ star wars very hilariously dramatic :). lol

    ReplyDelete