“Never forget what Jesus did for you. Never take lightly what it cost Him. And never assume that if it cost Him His very life, that it won't also cost you yours.”
~Rich Mullins

Mar 2, 2012

A ScribbleFest!

A good friend of mine at www.PerryElizabeth.blogspot.com is doing something called a ScribbleFest. Here's what it includes.


Scribbling Instructions:

  • Get out pen and paper, or start up your computer
  • Set a 10-minute timer
  • Write as quickly as you can (see challenge below)
  • When the time is up, send your opening--just the way it is--to me
  • I will post your opening on my blog
  • Send friends and family to enjoy the fruits of your first Scribble Fest
The challenge this time is to write a story opening that has a sense of back-story. (Almost as if there should could be prequel that the reader is going to be dying to read.) Don't spell everything out, keep the mystery in it, but drop just enough hints.

If you love to write and have some spare time today, scribble something and send it to her!!!

(You can read what I did at  http://perryelisabeth.blogspot.com/2012/03/every-last-one.html  )
 

7 comments:

  1. David's last comment left me joking and spluttering with suppressed laughter. He REFUSED to comment, eh? Sorry, that's just funny XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? He commented to say he REFUSED to comment...go figure :D

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I noticed that too. ;) David!
      Hey, you folks are so much fun... making me race to keep up with all the awesome scribbling and commenting on everyone's work!
      Thanks, Lisa for posting about this on your blog!

      Delete
  2. I merely refused to comment on the subject of Lisa's story - And that's all I refused to comment on. Perry's or Lisa's Blog was not on that list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D What was wrong with the subject of my story? :)

      Delete
  3. *snort, choke, cough* It's no use. * bursts out laughing*

    ReplyDelete